[ejabberd] gateway server

Mark Keisler grimm26 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 08:00:28 MSK 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:53 PM, Mark Keisler <grimm26 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2010/1/27 Mark Keisler <grimm26 at gmail.com>:
>> > And it hasn't been adapted to 2.1.x yet.
>>
>> I've updated the patch to ejabberd 2.1.2, but it needs somebody to test
>> it.
>> See http://www.ejabberd.im/s2s_proxy
>>

>> I just patched and compiled 2.1.2 and will try to test.  However, this
> looks backwards from what I want.  I want clients on the outside to be able
> to get in through my proxy server to a server on the inside.  The docs for
> this seem to indicate that this is to allow clients on the inside to reach
> servers on the outside.

I suppose I should elaborate.  In my idea, I have server1 which is on my
intranet.  I would like select clients on the internet to be able to reach
server1.  Server2 would sit in a DMZ and clients would be configured with
their domain as server1, but their connect server as server2.  I don't want
server2 to be clustered to server1, I just want it to pass the appropriate
traffic along to server1 and back.  Will this s2s_proxy patch help me in
this or am I looking at it in the wrong way?