[ejabberd] gateway server

Manuel Mely mmelyp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 08:24:15 MSK 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:00 AM, Mark Keisler <grimm26 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suppose I should elaborate.  In my idea, I have server1 which is on my
> intranet.  I would like select clients on the internet to be able to reach
> server1.  Server2 would sit in a DMZ and clients would be configured with
> their domain as server1, but their connect server as server2.  I don't want
> server2 to be clustered to server1, I just want it to pass the appropriate
> traffic along to server1 and back.  Will this s2s_proxy patch help me in
> this or am I looking at it in the wrong way?

Oh... this is different in what you said the first message. s2s_proxy
patch is far away of what you are saying in this message. When i read
your first message i thought you were talking about message exchange
between servers in your internal network that are not able to reach
jabber servers on internet.
Now i understand what you want. I don't know how to do this and is
very possible it can't be done using an "ejabberd proxy". Maybe you
should try doing this with a packet filter (NAT), if do it this way,
you won't need the second ejabberd box on your dmz.