[ejabberd] pubsub item not delivered if subscriber offline

kael ka-el at laposte.net
Thu Jan 28 13:14:11 MSK 2010

On 01/26/2010 10:59 PM, Liam wrote:
> I think send_last_published_item = on_sub_and_presence is wrong for my
> case... Multiple items may be published while a subscriber is offline.
> Also I don't want a new subscriber to get previously published items...
>
> I'd expect the behavior I see only if presence_based_delivery is true,
> and for this node it's false, the default.

Messages sent while the user is offline are not received because created
nodes have a default option of 'pubsub#notification_type' = 'headline',
and 'headline' type messages are not saved in the recipient offline
messages store.

So, for your case the node has to be configured with :

<field var='pubsub#notification_type'>
   <value>message</value>
</field>

<field var='pubsub#send_last_published_item'>
   <value>never</value>
</field>

The 'pubsub#notification_type' node option has been introduced by
XEP-0060 version 1.13.

--
kael