[ejabberd] user status information wrong on remote servers

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Thu Jan 28 18:38:15 MSK 2010

Hi all,

I've just set up ejabberd (version 2.0.1 from Debian Lenny) and have a weird
problem.

My clients connects to my host and I'm visible as "online" to anyone else on
this server, however, other users just see me as offline unless I'm making
myself "online" for this specific user - however this only lasts for a limited
time.

As this seems only to occur to users on certain servers (jabber.org)

Is this a known issue or could this be a s2s misconfiguration?

Cheers

Carsten