[ejabberd] user status information wrong on remote servers

Carsten Aulbert carsten.aulbert at aei.mpg.de
Thu Jan 28 19:35:21 MSK 2010

Hi all,

On Thursday 28 January 2010 17:29:48 Kirk Bateman wrote:
> I suppose the only simple way I can think of checking the incoming s2s is
> working would be, for someone to try telnetting to your server (which I'm
> quite happy to give a go if you want)...

Just cross-checked, it *might* really be a transitional jabber.org problem, as
all non-jabber.org users can see me online.

telnet from the outside works (I have access to many machines in the world :),
thanks for the offer though):

telnet jabber...
Trying 188....
Connected to jabber...
Escape character is '^]'.
STARTLS
<?xml version='1.0'?><stream:stream
xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams' xmlns='jabber:server'
xmlns:db='jabber:server:dialback' id='108461398'><stream:error><xml-not-well-
formed xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-
streams'/></stream:error></stream:stream>

Only need to learn how to speak proper xml here.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Carsten