[ejabberd] ejabberdctl.template patches

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 01:26:41 MSK 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:22 PM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've got a WIP patch for this, ported and tidied up the implementation
>> I have on 2.0.3.
>
> There seems to be two typos:

Thanks for the feedback -- I am attaching a cleaned up and tested
version of the same patch. The WIP version had several problems on top
of what Badlop mentioned.

To test it' s enough to do (with, and without the patch):

for n in 1 2 3 4 5 6; do   ~/ejabtest/sbin/ejabberdctl connected-users & done

The patch has only one remaining issue -- it introduces a redirection
construct (block redirection to a filehandle) that seems to be a
bashism. This is needed for the flock to work around a code block --
without it flock is kind of useless.

I am in touch with the dash developers to figure out whether there is
a posixly correct construct for this...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions