[ejabberd] Error in gen_tco:send:

Vyacheslav Karpukhin vyacheslav at karpukhin.com
Thu Jul 1 23:05:43 MSD 2010

Sylvain Niles <sylvain.niles <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I recommend you use tcpdump to actually see what
> is going on with the TCP connection when this
> problem occurs. I expect you'll find that the issue
> is firewall related (ie: the remote destination is
> responding to your SYN with an RST.) You should
> read up on using tcpdump to diagnose network issues
> as the error reported is happening entirely outside the erlang VM.

i did as you suggested. my server sends SYN, other
side responds with SYN and ACK, and then MY server
responds with RST! and that's where {error,closed}
appears in log. why would it do that? connection
doesn't blocked by firewall, if i try again right after
this problem occurs -- it works..

how can i find what's the reason of that RST?

here is the link to tcpdump binary log:
http://dl.stigger.psihaven.com/files/tcpdump.bin