[ejabberd] MUC - User role based on authentication method possible? Or is a bot needed?

Mat- pe.ferron at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 16:49:00 MSD 2010

Hi,

I'd like to have a MUC setup where users can join (or create if they are the
first) any room they want, but authenticated users must be set as
participants, and anonymous users must be set as visitors. Even the room
creator must be set to participant or visitor depending on this, he must not
be a moderator.

Is that possible with some mod_muc configuration/tweaking? Or am I going to
need a bot that creates all the rooms and then promotes authenticated users
from visitor to participant?

Thanks!