[ejabberd] Send to all resources (update)

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 23:17:53 MSD 2010

2010/7/16 rod <rod at pu-gh.com>:
> I asked a question about ejabberd's ability to send message stanzas to
> all of a users resources, and have found some info in the RFC which
> explains the behaviour contrary to this:
>
> http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc3921.html#rfc.section.4.1

I found a section more relevant to your topic:

http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc3921.html#rfc.section.11.1

> if the JID is of the form <user at domain>
> and there is at least one available resource available for the user, [...]
> 1. For message stanzas, the server
> SHOULD deliver the stanza to the highest-priority available resource
> [...] or MAY deliver the message to all such resources.

As you can see, the protocol gives two alternatives,
and ejabberd implements the SHOULD, not the MAY.

> Is there such a thing in ejabberd?

I didn't find any related ticket or patch for that.

You could modify ejabberd source code to implement the MAY alternative,
and then also make it configurable.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne