[ejabberd] Cluster problem with mod_shared_roster

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 15:51:14 MSD 2010

2010/7/28 Matias <matiassurdi at gmail.com>:
> I'm running ejabberd 2.1.4 in a two node cluster. They run perfectly, I can
> connect to a node and chat with another user on the other node, everything
> works perfect.
>
> The problem arises when I setup shared groups with mod_shared_roster: After
> doing that, on one of the nodes everything works fine, but users on the
> second node isn't getting the buddy list.

I imagine your problem is this:

mod_shared_roster adds groups to the roster stanzas returned to clients,
at runtime. It doesn't modify the roster stored in the database.

This means that you must enable this module on both nodes.

Also, you must ensure that the module has similar shared roster groups
in both nodes:
A) Either recreate the groups in your second node, using again WebAdmin
B) Or configure the mnesia tables sr_user and sr_group to be
synchronized between both nodes.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne