[ejabberd] mod_vcard access control

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 20:13:06 MSD 2010

2010/5/5 Daniel Poßmann <possmann at boerse-go.de>:
> On Wednesday 31 March 2010 11:51:35 Badlop wrote:
>>
>> Try the new patch in
>> https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-797
>>

> Thanks for the patch! But it still doesn't work like we thought.
> With the patch we have to include the user whose vcard we want to change to
> the acl and after that we can change the vcard with ejabberdctl.
>
> Is it even possible to give just ejabberdctl write access to all vcards or
> does ejabberdctl run the commands as the user? I ask because as far as i
> understand your patch it checks the "from" and it works when i include the
> user.

The vcard stanza is set for the user indicated by From:
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0054.html#sect-id289848

In ejabberd, the vcard_set access is verified for that same From,
so it isn't possible that the module 'fakes' to be an admin to set a user vcard.

The good thing is that the From can be a full JID, with any resource,
and ejabberd supports a Resource ACL.

I've implemented the new option module_resource in mod_admin_extra
and provided an example configuration that seems to work.
Take a look to it.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne