[ejabberd] Parallelel external authentication?

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 19:10:40 MSD 2010

> Just wondering ... Can Ejabberd do external authentications in
> parallel?

Ejabberd's extauth module opens exactly one port to your Python
script. So no, it's not possible to make that parallel without hacking
extauth.erl.

For greater control over our external auth system, I created a module
named ejabberd_auth_wpcom and added it to our host_config:
{auth_method, [wpcom,anonymous]}.

The module mimics the behavior of the ejabberd auth modules. It
interfaces with my auth system via php_app [1] which spawns several
instances of the auth program (WordPress in my case) in PHP.

It wasn't hard to create the auth module. You might even find it easy
enough to do the webservice calls in erlang and skip the Python.

Andy

[1] http://github.com/skeltoac/php_app