[ejabberd] problem with s2s (close in wait_for_stream)

Vyacheslav Karpukhin vyacheslav at karpukhin.com
Thu Jun 17 21:23:34 MSD 2010

George Hazan <george.hazan <at> gmail.com> writes:

>    Приветствую, Vyacheslav!
>    Вы писали Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:43:47 +0000 (UTC)  :
>
> VK> i'm using ejabberd 2.1.4 on centos 5. it worked just fine on FreeBSD,
> VK> but after i moved it to centos -- it started getting weird.
>
> VK> sometimes i see unavailable contacts in my roster with a reason
> VK> "remote server not found", but i know that these servers are available.
>
> VK> any ideas what is wrong with it?
>
> Almost everything. For example:
>
> - wrongly configured DNS record for your server (_xmpp._server_tcp.blabla).
>
> - a wrong certificate specified for s2s. it can be outdated, or issued for a
> wrong domain, if your xmpp domain doesn't match the domain specified in the
> certificate etc.

1) i don't have _xmpp._server_tcp DNS records, because i simply don't need
them -- my jabber servers are always on the same domain as JID's domains
2) certificate is not outdated and does match the domain.

i probably forgot to mention a very important thing -- the problem is NOT
consistent!
it appears from time to time. and when some contact turns to that "remote server
unavailable" state -- most likely next attempt to connect to the server will
succeed (i can make next attempt by going offline and then online again
and by this -- forcing to fetch IQ from remote server, or by just trying to
fetch contact's details -- then, again, my server will try to connect to
remote).