[ejabberd] problem with s2s (close in wait_for_stream)

Vyacheslav Karpukhin vyacheslav at karpukhin.com
Thu Jun 17 22:39:55 MSD 2010

George Hazan <george.hazan <at> gmail.com> writes:

>    Приветствую, Vyacheslav!
>    Вы писали Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:23:34 +0000 (UTC)  :
>
> ??>> - wrongly configured DNS record for your server
> ??>> (_xmpp._server_tcp.blabla).
>
> VK> 1) i don't have _xmpp._server_tcp DNS records, because i simply don't
> VK> need them -- my jabber servers are always on the same domain as JID's
> VK> domains
>
> So how, on your opinion, another xmpp server will make a dialback connection
> to verify the ssl certificate? :) of course, it will fail (it depends on a
> server, though).

why would it fail? when one server requests a dialback connection -- it
provides it's domain name to remote server. then remote server tries
to resolve SRV record,  and if it fails -- tries to connect to the domain itself.

anyway, i'm 100% sure that's not the problem -- otherwise, problem would
be consistent.