[ejabberd] problem with s2s (close in wait_for_stream)

George Hazan george.hazan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 23:59:34 MSD 2010

   Приветствую, Vyacheslav!
   Вы писали Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:39:55 +0000 (UTC)  :

??>> So how, on your opinion, another xmpp server will make a dialback
??>> connection to verify the ssl certificate? :) of course, it will fail
??>> (it depends on a server, though).
VK> why would it fail? when one server requests a dialback connection -- it
VK> provides it's domain name to remote server.

Domain name might be valid at no doubt, but what about a port :)

VK> then remote server tries to resolve SRV record,  and if it fails --
VK> tries to connect to the domain itself.

You cannot be connected directly to a domain :) domains don't support the
XMPP protocol.

VK> anyway, i'm 100% sure that's not the problem -- otherwise, problem would
VK> be consistent.

As I said, it might depend on a server. One ejabberd will try to connect to
another ejabberd on port 5269. Another servers might fail.

С уважением,                   ghazan at postman.ru
   Георгий Хазан.