[ejabberd] ichat users not beeing shown as online

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 25 16:05:38 MSD 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:20:31 +0200
Stefan Schlesinger <s.schlesinger at ixolit.com> wrote:

> I was installing a new ejabber server for my company. It works pretty
> well, except for iChat users.
>
> I can send messages to and receive messages from them, but they don't
> show up as 'online' in the roster, although I can see them beeing
> online in the admin interface.
>
> Does anybody know what the problem could be?
You have provided almost zero details about your setup.
Does this fail only for iChat users and users of all programs do not
have this problem? That is, what happens if you log in as that iChat
user having problems using more technically-oriented client which is
able to show presence subscription status of contacts? What's their
subscription status in such case?
Are you adding users
manually to their respective rosters or are you using shared roster
groups?