[ejabberd] External Roster

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue May 4 12:57:53 MSD 2010

2010/5/3 Héctor Dantas <hectordantas at gmail.com>:
> i have a mod_roster implemented by me that gets the roster from an external
> database and sends the roster to the users
>
> i'm using a domain that works fine when i use the mod_roster_odbc. but when
> i use my mod_roster the server hands this reponse:
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 2010-05-03 12:08:01 ===
> I(<0.655.0>:ejabberd_s2s_out:1148) : Trying to open s2s connection:
> example.com -> test at example.com
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 2010-05-03 12:08:01 ===
> I(<0.655.0>:ejabberd_s2s_out:227) : s2s connection: example.com ->
> test at example.com (remote server not found)
>
> it seems that it consideres the domain has from another server, but its the
> same has when i use the mod_roster_odbc.
>
> any thoughts on what might be my error?
> i can provide more info if needed

Let's assume the contact of your user has:
* bare JID: test at example.com
* username: test
* domain name/server/host: example.com

It seems your mod_roster is buggy and takes as domain name the bare JID.
So, it says that the contact is located in the server "test at example.com".
ejabberd tries to open a S2S to that remote server,
but obviously that attempt will fail.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne