[ejabberd] clients with slow connections

sofia cardita sofia at thisislove.pt
Tue May 4 15:34:36 MSD 2010

Hi,

First of all, thanks Badlop, you've been a great help.

I have a new strange issue. I've noticed that with clients that have a
lower connection (1.7MB) the web client seems a bit slow. Basically, if the
client sends a message, he has to wait some 3-5 seconds before its resent by
the server to everyone but if the client send a new message, and then
someone else send a message as well, then the receiving of his first message
is much quicker. So basically if the client receives a new message, then the
message he sent also goes through the system that much faster. This doesn't
happen if the client has a faster connection (3.5 for example).

Do you have any idea why that could happen? I'm not really sure if the
problem is in the ejabberd server or the web client and any pointers would
be great.

Thanks,

Sofia Cardita