[ejabberd] Creating bot that can create nodes on the fly and publish data using pubsub

shahzad bhatti shahbhat at gmail.com
Sat May 8 03:07:06 MSD 2010

I am trying to create a quote server using Ejabberd and pubsub. I would like
the clients to subscribe to a symbol, which would be mapped to the node. On
the server side, I would like a way to create nodes for the symbol (if they
don't already exist) be created automatically but securely. Basically, I
would like to create a bot that detects there is a subscriber for a symbol
and automatically create node (if doesn't exist) and start publishing quote
data for the subscribers. And when there are no subscribers, I would like
the bot to stop sending the data. I am new to Ejabberd, can someone suggest
some sample code that can do this. Thanks in advance.