[ejabberd] BOSH connection manager acknowledgements

Theo Cushion theo at jivatechnology.com
Tue May 11 20:36:01 MSD 2010

We've been having issues with messages going missing on our javascript
XMPP client for a variety of reasons (bad network connections / cannot
guarantee all messages are properly processed before user changes page
etc).

Looking at the [BOSH XEP][1] (or [cache][2]) it appears there is
provision for an acknowledgements mechanism. I've had a little dig
through the source code of ejabberd and it doesn't appear to be
implemented. Are there any plans to add this in the future as it would
be very useful.

Alternatively does anyone know of a connection manager that would
support this feature?

[1]: http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0124.html#acks "BOSH XEP"
[2]: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:sobhdWKyuK8J:xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0124.html+xep+bosh&hl=en&gl=uk&strip=1#acks
  "Cache"