[ejabberd] Nested transaction error?

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Tue May 25 20:54:07 MSD 2010

The errors at the bottom of this message appeared in ejabberd.log just
before the server went into swap and died. I don't know what was
occurring. My guess is that there are nested transactions that aren't
playing nicely. The case matched in mod_pubsub:transaction/2 was the
final Other.

Entirety of pubsub_index table:
[{pubsub_index,node,44121,[]}]

Errors:
E(<0.759.0>:mod_pubsub:3692) : transaction return internal error:
{atomic,
 {'EXIT',
  {aborted,
   {cyclic,
    'ejabberd at jabber1.luv.wordpress.com',
    {pubsub_index,node},
    write,
    write,
    {tid,1665757724,<0.761.0>}
   }
  }
 }
}

E(<0.612.0>:ejabberd_router:70) :
{badarg,[{ets,lookup,[hooks,{filter_packet,global}]},
         {ejabberd_hooks,run_fold,4},
         {ejabberd_router,do_route,3},
         {ejabberd_router,route,3},
         {ejabberd_s2s_out,bounce_queue,2},