[ejabberd] anyone here managed to do s2s to gmail.com domain using TLS ?

zhong ming wu mr.z.m.wu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:20:36 MSK 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Chris Maciejewski <chris at wima.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes, I managed to do that by adding SRV record to the DNS server used
> by my ejabberd box.

Why do you even bother to do that since that is the job of gmail.com admins;
they already have the public SRV record and ejabberd I think already figures
this out by itself without your help

--------------------------
$ dig _xmpp-server._tcp.gmail.com srv +short
20 0 5269 xmpp-server3.l.google.com.
20 0 5269 xmpp-server4.l.google.com.
20 0 5269 xmpp-server2.l.google.com.
20 0 5269 xmpp-server1.l.google.com.
5 0 5269 xmpp-server.l.google.com.

> Used dnsmasqd to do it, by adding this line to /etc/dnsmasql.conf:
>
> srv-host=_xmpp-server._tcp.gmail.com,talk.google.com,5222
>
> This way ejabberd will resolved gmail.com to talk.google.com port 2222
> which is where Google hosts TLS enabled XMPP service.

Standard s2s port is 5269 and that's what gmail.com is using as shown by dig
above. What possess you to pick 5222 on behalf of gmail.com adimn?