[ejabberd] Missing XMPP messages?

Sylvain Niles sylvain.niles at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 10:56:14 MSK 2010

Sadly I can't seem to find any simple introduction to the erlang logging
facility outside of some books I have. Basically ejabberd uses the error_msg
or info_msg facilities in the erlang vm for logging. The line I quoted below
reads:

<PID>:registered_name: "logged message"

The first PID is the process that is logging the message, the second pid is
actually in the content of the message but shows the destination PID
(ejabberd_s2s_out). If this is part of an actual error it will show the full
stack trace of exactly where the error occurred. Browsing stackoverflow's
erlang questions/answers is a great way to see some errors (and their logs)
along with an expert's view on how to identify and fix the issue.

-Sylvain