[ejabberd] Intercepting authentication packets

Boris Okner boris.okner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 19:15:10 MSK 2010

Brief implementation plan: You can parse email within your module that
implements your custom SASL mechanism, similar to what cyrsasl_plain does;
register your SASL module, then just encode the username based on the email
to your liking and create a property list following cyrsasl_plain code. The
auth module code that you attach to your mechanism will work with "encoded"
email.
That's the general idea, hopefully you will be able to work out details.

Regards,
Boris