[ejabberd] BOSH infinite loop followed by an ejabberd crash.

Christopher Zorn christopher.zorn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:39:33 MSK 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Badlop <badlop at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/11/26 Badlop <badlop at gmail.com>:
> > Christopher, as you are the original author of that commit,
> > can you take a look at your commit?

I will take a look. I think the problem has something to do with the
wait='0' value in that test data.

> Good news: Aleksey Shchepin provided a patch, see
> https://support.process-one.net/browse/EJAB-1358
>
> You can apply the patch to 2.1.5 release, or to 2.1.x branch.

I just looked at the patch briefly and have not tested it. Did this patch
get tested?

Originally there was a sleep that delayed all requests by 100ms and I
believe that was put in to make sure sessions were created in mnesia. In my
patch this loop happens when there is not session data in the mnesia table,
but should be. This patch removes that.

With the current change, if session data is not in the mnesia table then it
will return bad data. I agree the loop should be removed but its removal
causes a bug. There needs to be a cleaner solution on making sure things are
returned correctly when the session creation is finished.