[ejabberd] mod_time:process_local_iq/3 doesn't work for negative TZ values

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:42:51 MSK 2010

2010/11/26 Alexander Zhukov <zuav at yandex.ru>:
> I've checked the sources and found that jlib:timestamp_to_iso/2 called
> only from mod_time:process_local_iq/3 and from jlib:timestamp_to_xml/4.

As that function is exported, it may be used by other modules not included
in ejabberd mainline. I've added your case clause, and kept the
other clause anyway.

> In the message I did included the patch againt ejabberd-2.1.5 sources.
> Please, feel free to apply it to ejabberd if you like it.

Yes, I've applied it to ejabberd.

BTW, there was a half-solution applied in 2.1.x:

> BTW, what is the Right way to send patches/fixes to ejabberd?

I started writing this based in what I see; it isn't yet discussed,
but it can serve in the meantime:
https://support.process-one.net/doc/display/MESSENGER/Guidelines+for+ejabberd+developers

---
Badlop