[ejabberd] BOSH infinite loop followed by an ejabberd crash.

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:56:56 MSK 2010

2010/11/29 Christopher Zorn <christopher.zorn at gmail.com>:
> I just looked at the patch briefly and have not tested it. Did this patch
> get tested?

I briefly tested that:
* Now there isn't an infinite loop
* BOSH clients (Gajim and Oneteam) can login correctly as usual

The patch is committed in 2.1.x branch.

> I will take a look. I think the problem has something to do with the
> wait='0' value in that test data.

> Originally there was a sleep that delayed all requests by 100ms and I
> believe that was put in to make sure sessions were created in mnesia. In my
> patch this loop happens when there is not session data in the mnesia table,
> but should be. This patch removes that.
> With the current change, if session data is not in the mnesia table then it
> will return bad data. I agree the loop should be removed but its removal
> causes a bug. There needs to be a cleaner solution on making sure things are
> returned correctly when the session creation is finished.

Ok. If you take a look and find any problem in the patch, or
have an alternative/cleaner solution to the loop problem, please comment it.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne