[ejabberd] administration of contacts

Márcio Luciano Donada mdonada at auroraalimentos.com.br
Wed Oct 6 15:32:50 MSD 2010

Em 6/10/2010 05:57, Badlop escreveu:
> 2010/10/5 Márcio Luciano Donada <mdonada at auroraalimentos.com.br>:
>> If I have the need to have some users who have access to add other
>> users, which would be the correct rule to allow this release? In acl roster
>>
>> {access, roster, [{allow, admin},{allow, user},{deny, all}]}.
>
> Complete example:
>
> {acl, admin, {user, "bob", "example.org"}}.
> {acl, admin, {user, "sarah", "example.org"}}.
>
> {acl, rosterpowerusers, {user, "tim", "jabber.org"}}.
> {acl, rosterpowerusers, {user, "jean", "example.org"}}.
>
> {access, roster, [{allow, admin}, {allow, rosterpowerusers},  {deny, all}]}.
>
> {modules,
>  [
>   {mod_roster, [{access, roster}]},
>  ]}.

Hi, Badlop
I've been doing some testing tonight with a server that rode with the
backup of my production and I noticed some items that would be
interesting to evaluate you as well. In the first test I did the following:

{acl, liberados, {user "fulano", "mydomain.foo"}}.
{acl, liberados, {user "beltrano","mydomain.foo"}}.

{access, roster, [{allow,admin},{allow,liberados},{deny,all}]}.

I found that with these rules:

- To conduct the first test, the user can add others, however, by
removing the acl, user beltrano, for example, yet it stays the same with
the right to add other users, which should not.

- Second test I created separate groups for each user that I wish I had
the same access and oh yes it worked properly.

I'm using version 2.1.5 of ejabberd on FreeBSD, I performed the update
and applied the patch last week.

Thank you for your attention.
--
Márcio Luciano Donada <mdonada -at- auroraalimentos -dot- com -dot- br>
Aurora Alimentos - Cooperativa Central Oeste Catarinense