[ejabberd] Proper setup for clustering more 2 nodes

Tom tom.valdes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 07:28:50 MSD 2010

I've seen examples of 2 node clusters but I want to be sure I'm setting up
my 3 node cluster correctly.
I've set up my first node and when adding the 2nd and 3rd, I use the
following

on server 2
./erl -name ejabberd at test02.server.com -mnesia extra_db_nodes "['
ejabberd at test01.server.com']" -s mnesia  -setcookie ../conf/.erlang.cookie

mnesia:change_table_copy_type(schema, node(), disc_copies).

on server 3
./erl -name ejabberd at test03.server.com -mnesia extra_db_nodes "['
ejabberd at test01.server.com']" -s mnesia  -setcookie ../conf/.erlang.cookie

mnesia:change_table_copy_type(schema, node(), disc_copies).

Is the above correct?

I'm getting erratic results when stopping and starting the nodes.
If 1 / 2 and 3 are up, I can stop and start nodes 2 and 3 and they rejoin
the cluster.
If I restart 1, it doesn't get back in the cluster.  I need to restart 1 and
then restart 2 and 3.

Are the change_table_copy lines correct?

How can I wipe all entries to start from scratch?

I've succesfully removed on node, but when I try to remove the 3rd node, I'm
entering the following from test02.

mnesia:del_table_copy(schema,'ejabberd at test03.server.com').
but I get the following error.
{aborted,{no_exists,mod_register_ip}}

Is there a way to force the removal of the node?