[ejabberd] mod_shared_roster_ldap not sending presence messages

Theo Cushion theo at jivatechnology.com
Wed Sep 8 16:17:37 MSD 2010

Hi

I'm having a bit of trouble with mod_shared_roster_ldap. I have 2
groups of users:

  - normal
  - admin

I want all users to be able to receive the presence of the admins, but
don't want admins or normal users to get the presence of other normal
users.

Using mod_shared_roster_ldap I have setup the admin group. Any user
that logs in can now see the admin group. However, only members of the
admin group will actually receive the presence messages.

Is this be design, or have I setup my configuration wrong? It seems
counter intuitive to display a shared roster to a user when the
presence messages will not be received for that group. I'm using the
Deep DIT structure and my config looks like:

   { mod_shared_roster_ldap, [
     { ldap_base,                 "dc=theo-template,dc=local" },
     { ldap_user_cache_validity,  "0" },
     { ldap_group_cache_validity, "0" },
     { ldap_filter,               "" },
     { ldap_gfilter,              "(&(objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames)
(cn=%g))" },
     { ldap_rfilter,              "(objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames)" },
     { ldap_ufilter,              "(&(objectClass=inetOrgPerson)(cn=
%u))" },
     { ldap_groupdesc,            "description" },
     { ldap_memberattr,           "uniqueMember" },
     { ldap_memberattr_format,    "cn=%u,ou=users,dc=theo-
template,dc=local" },
     { ldap_userdesc,             "cn" },
     { ldap_auth_check,           off }
   ]},