[ejabberd] Enabling mod_pubsub_odbc without restarting?

Yao Ko koyao at raptr.com
Mon Sep 13 23:25:39 MSD 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Yao Ko <koyao at raptr.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to enable mod_pubsub_odbc to an Ejabberd cluster of five
> nodes.  I'm wondering if it's possible to do it without doing a
> rolling restart of the nodes.

Ah, found the answer to my question.  I thought I'd post it here for posterity:

To start a new module without restarting the Ejabberd node (and avoid downtime):

1. Go to the admin console (on any node)
2. Select "Virtual Hosts"
3. Select the virtual host that you want to make the change.
4. Click on "Nodes" from the left nav. panel.
5. Click on one of the running nodes.  A "modules" link will show up
6. Enter the new module name, and the options and click on "Start"

and I think one would need to do this for all the remaining clusters.

Yao