[ejabberd] migrating to new domain/host
badlop at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 15:56:27 MSD 2010
2010/9/24 Mark Keisler <mark at mitsein.net>:
> I followed the procedure at
> http://www.process-one.net/en/ejabberd/guide_en#htoc76 for changing a
> hostname but have found that this still leaves me high and dry for muc rooms
> that existed with the old node name. They do not shwo up under the new name
> but I see them in the mnesia data file. How would I also migrate those
> names to the new node name?
If you still have the old mnesia spool dir and you don't have an
you can try:
1. Install ejabberd in another machine, for example your desktop.
2. Copy the old mnesia spool dir.
3. Force ejabberd to use the old erlang node name by setting it in
4. Start ejabberd, it should accept the old database.
5. Go to ejabberd webadmin, or use ejabberdctl to export the database
to a text file.
6. Edit that text file: remove most records, keep only the muc_room ones.
7. In your new server, import that text file, so the old room records
are added to the table.
8. Restart mod_muc or the whole ejabberd so it starts the room processes.
More information about the ejabberd