[ejabberd] disable unregistration

sergio mailbox at sergio.spb.ru
Sun Apr 24 03:32:55 MSD 2011

On 04/24/2011 02:55 AM, Konstantin Khomoutov wrote:

> Anyway, it would be cool to actually see a use case for this kind of
> behaviour.  I hardly can imagine a service in which a user is able to
> register, is able to change their password but is unable to delete their
> account.

Registration also denied. I have private jabber sever. Only a few people
(administrators) can add new users. Users should be able to change theirs
password, I don't see any reason to disable this. And users must not be
able to
remove themselves via jabber client. All administrators know all their
users,
so for unregister user may ask administrator. But I remember several events,
when users accidentally removed themselves. They loose their roster.
Administrators have problems with registration. Moreover once it was during
business trip, so user had problems to ask me to register. I'm sure, that
nobody on this server will be against disabled unregistration.

--
sergio.