[ejabberd] Problem installing ejabberd from source + odbc

Julien Genestoux julien.genestoux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 06:25:59 MSD 2011

Hello,

We're trying to install a new ejabberd server and we get a weird error. I
used the compile from source instructions, as well as compiled and installed
correctly (I believe!) the odbc module.

The problem is that we still get this error when trying to start ejabberd :
=INFO REPORT==== 2011-04-24 22:22:00 ===
    application: ejabberd
    exited: {bad_return,
             {{ejabberd_app,start,[normal,[]]},
              {'EXIT',
               {noproc,
                {gen_server,call,
                 [ejabberd_sup,
                  {start_child,
                   {'ejabberd_odbc_sup_xxx.com',
                    {ejabberd_odbc_sup,start_link,["xxx.com"]},
                    transient,infinity,supervisor,
                    [ejabberd_odbc_sup]}},
                  infinity]}}}}}
    type: temporary

[I replaced the domain we use by xxx].
I'm really puzzled and i was wondering if anyone had seen this error
already.

Thanks,