[ejabberd] another mod_muc question: duplicate nicks from sameuser

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Thu Apr 28 13:01:22 MSD 2011

hi there,

just to give you a warning on the status of the patch.
we are using this patch since a long time and have
problems with the reliability of "unavailable" presences.

as described in the comments of the ticket it is a known
issue that you get an "unavailable" presence when you exit
the room with the client that last entered the room.

this is very weird behaviour. we also have weird problems
with duplicate messages and users getting messages that
are adressed to the same bare-jid but a different resource. though
i dont know whether this is related to this patch.

if you want to work on this patch, feel free to contact me.
(we are using ejabberd 2.1.3 here).

greetings,
stephan