[ejabberd] Issue with S2S

Julien Genestoux julien.genestoux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 21:46:46 MSD 2011

Hello,

We have a pretty complex setup and we have a weird issue.

On one hand, we have a domain service.com, which hosts 2 ejabberd servers
clustered xmpp1.service.com and xmpp2.service.com
We have connected to these server several version of the same external
component : component.service.com (there are about 15 connected to each
server). These components are custom PubSub modules that we created (not the
ejabberd ones)

When local clients interract with the component.service.com, everything
works fine : they send IQ, get quick responses and thay later get MESSAGE
stanzas just fine. As expected.

On the other hand, we have another consumer.com domain, which hosts 1
ejabberd server (at consumer.com), and on this server, we have local
clients. These clients need to interract with the components over at
service.com, and that's where the issues start.
Basiclaly, client at consumer.com sends IQs, and wait for responses. The IQ are
received by the components at component.service.com, and they respond just
fine... but the responses do not reach client at consumer.com reliably.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I noticed that they tend to arrive
more when the consumer.com server has been restarted recently, and they tend
to never arrive when the server has been up for a couple hours. I am trying
to find out why this is happening.

As anyone seen this before? Do you have any idea why that would happen?

Thanks,