[ejabberd] Issue with S2S

Stephan Maka stephan at spaceboyz.net
Sun Aug 7 01:39:16 MSD 2011

Julien Genestoux wrote:
> On the other hand, we have another consumer.com domain, which hosts 1
> ejabberd server (at consumer.com), and on this server, we have local
> clients. These clients need to interract with the components over at
> service.com, and that's where the issues start.
> Basiclaly, client at consumer.com sends IQs, and wait for responses. The IQ are
> received by the components at component.service.com, and they respond just
> fine... but the responses do not reach client at consumer.com reliably.
> Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I noticed that they tend to arrive
> more when the consumer.com server has been restarted recently, and they tend
> to never arrive when the server has been up for a couple hours. I am trying
> to find out why this is happening.

Summarizing your setup:

+--------------+            +-------------+
| consumer.com |------------| service.com |
+--------------+            +-------------+
|user at consumer.com| |component.service.com|

The problem: user at consumer.com can send <iq/> requests to
component.service.com, but the responses sometimes get lost. Right?

Are the stanza's from/to addresses correct? Could you find out if the

Kudos,
Stephan

PS: Don't forget Chaos Communication Camp 2011, starting on wednesday.