[ejabberd] xml-not-well-formed error

George Catalin Serbanut cgsmcmlxxv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 12:54:10 MSD 2011

Hi there,

I've met that problem as well. After investigations, I found out that exmpp
gen_tcp returns error for clients which are in a traffic jam (trying to send
messages faster/larger than exmpp can digest), the gen_server crashes
repeatedly, the supervisor reaches the limit of restart rate and, so, the
gen_server is shut down completely. To solve that problem, either set a
guard for the messages size and speed, either increase the restart rate in
your supervisor or switch from generic server with supervisor to independent
processes with watchdog. For me, the last one worked the best because in
case of a crash, I do not lose all the messages from all the clients, but
only from that client and I also purged the fsm by allowing that connection
to be closed.

Cheers,
CGS