[ejabberd] Pubsub since version 2.1.6

Matthias Rieber ml-jabber at zu-con.org
Tue Dec 6 03:27:17 MSK 2011

Hello,

I've some problems with pubsub since version 2.1.6, to be exact,
reverting f0a848ef45b8be023e757483a7d04a5b8b018f12 seems to fix it. At
least a bit. I can see my own published activity/mood and contacts that
are online during mood/activity changes, can see it to. With any version
after that, I can't see my activity/mood nor anyone else.

When I publish my activity with a server that seems to work, I
send/receive the following stanzas:

<!-- Out -->
<iq xmlns="jabber:client" type="set" id="257">
<pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub">
<publish node="http://jabber.org/protocol/activity">
<item id="0">
<activity xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/activity">
<inactive>
<other />
</inactive>
</activity>
</item>
</publish>
</pubsub>
</iq>

<!-- In -->
<iq from='sezuan at jabber.ccc.de' to='sezuan at jabber.ccc.de/Gajim' id='257'
type='result'>
<publish node='http://jabber.org/protocol/activity'>
<item id='0'/>
</publish>
</pubsub>
</iq>

<!-- In -->
<message from='sezuan at jabber.ccc.de' to='sezuan at jabber.ccc.de/Gajim'
type='headline'>
<event xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#event'>
<items node='http://jabber.org/protocol/activity'>
<item id='0'>
<activity xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/activity'>
<inactive>
<other/>
</inactive>
</activity>
</item>
</items>
</event>
<addresses xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/address'>
<address type='replyto' jid='sezuan at jabber.ccc.de/Gajim'/>
</addresses>
</message>

<iq> request and response *and* the message event.

With my server:

<!-- Out -->
<iq xmlns="jabber:client" type="set" id="321">
<pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub">
<publish node="http://jabber.org/protocol/activity">
<item id="0">
<activity xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/activity">
<inactive>
<other />
</inactive>
</activity>
</item>
</publish>
</pubsub>
</iq>

<!-- In -->
<iq from='matthias at sucksass.de' to='matthias at sucksass.de/Home' id='321'
type='result'>
<publish node='http://jabber.org/protocol/activity'>
<item id='0'/>
</publish>
</pubsub>
</iq>

I don't receive any messages with the activity. Is that correct? I tried
this with a very clean configuration, tried version v2.1.9 and 2.1.x
(both from git). The relevant configuration snippet:

   {mod_caps,     []},
   {mod_pubsub,   [
                   {access_createnode, pubsub_createnode},
                   %%{ignore_pep_from_offline, true}, % reduces resource
comsumption, but XEP incompliant
                   {ignore_pep_from_offline, false},  % XEP compliant,
but increases resource comsumption
                   {last_item_cache, true},
                   {plugins, ["flat", "hometree", "pep"]}  % pep
requires mod_caps
                  ]},

What I'm doing wrog?

regards,