[ejabberd] Transfer File function - supported?

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 12 20:46:20 MSK 2011

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:43:06 -0800 (PST)
David Chan <chan_hok_ching at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Would mod_http_fileserver serve the purpose
>
> (share photo/files among users)?
>
> Is it scalable by adding cluster nodes?
I have no idea as I've never used it myself.

> But I see that not all modules supports clustering...
> (just a few, e.g. mod_muc)
As I have said in my another mail in this thread, if you really need
file exchange via storing files on a server, I do not see why not
use good old HTTP[S] and software specifically tailored to do it well
(generations of developers have put lots of effort to make this thing
scale, look at HAProxy for instance).  XMPP would then be used as a
carrier to pass URLs to resources between the users of your application.