[ejabberd] ejabberd Digest, Vol 91, Issue 2

David Banes dbanes at cleartext.com
Fri Feb 4 12:43:38 MSK 2011

On 04/02/2011, at 9:00 AM, ejabberd-request at jabber.ru wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. What to do for S2S to Gtalk (Santiago Gaviria)

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 08:20:37 -0500
> From: Santiago Gaviria <sgaviria at gmail.com>
> To: ejabberd at jabber.ru
> Subject: [ejabberd] What to do for S2S to Gtalk
>
> Hi,
>
> I've read that s2s to Gtalk works out-of-the-box with ejabberd; I've also
> read in the guide about s2s configurations. However I still don't get how to
> initiate a connection with an external server, Gmail in this case, and what
> is it that I get from then on.

I think you've missed the point.  ejabberd federates with GTalk OK.  You don't have to do anything to start a connection the server will manage it all.  Just setup ejabberd with your own domain, create yourself an account and then you will be able to chat to your friends on GTalk.

You can't use your GTalk JID (address) directly, you'll need an XMPP proxy like the one ProcessOne have (http://www.process-one.net/en/imstore/).  You put your GTalk details into that proxy and then you get your GTalk buddies in your ejabberd roster.

> After the connections is established, is it then possible for a user to
> connect to her Gtalk account thru ejabberd's BOSH connection, and receiving
> Gtalk's roster?

No - See above