[ejabberd] Authenticate ejabber users using a non-admin LDAP account

davidb.arbete+forum+ejabberd.im at gmail.com davidb.arbete+forum+ejabberd.im at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 15:55:55 MSK 2011

I am doing some experimenting with ejabberd, setting it up to use AD
(LDAP) for authentication. Since I am not the administrator of the AD
server I try use my own (=a regular user) credentials to login (bind)
to the AD server and then look up other users via my login but it does
not seem to work. The following error message appear in the log:

      =INFO REPORT==== 2011-02-08 11:07:05 ===
      I(<0.263.0>:eldap:967) : LDAP connection on site.company.com:389

      =WARNING REPORT==== 2011-02-08 11:07:05 ===
      W(<0.263.0>:eldap:915) : LDAP bind failed on site.company.com:389
      Reason: invalidCredentials

This error message is obvious enough so I wonder if what I try to do
even is possible? I mean, I can see all other users when using an LDAP
browsers but that might not be enough?