[ejabberd] What to do for S2S to Gtalk

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:37:49 MSK 2011

2011/2/3 Santiago Gaviria <sgaviria at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I've read that s2s to Gtalk works out-of-the-box with ejabberd;

If you install, configure and start ejabberd to serve gaviria.net,
then you have an XMPP server serving the domain gaviria.net

Google developed and runs a XMPP server serving the domain gmail.com

When that is clear, now look at the second and third images in
http://www.jabberes.org/introduccion
The lines _____ are c2s: a user has a client connecting to his server.
The lines _  _  _ are s2s: a server connects to another server to
forward a message (for example).

> I've also
> read in the guide about s2s configurations. However I still don't get how to
> initiate a connection with an external server, Gmail in this case, and what
> is it that I get from then on.

When a user in your server sends a message to a gmail user, then your server
tries to connect to gmail, and then sends him the message.

> After the connections is established, is it then possible for a user to
> connect to her Gtalk account thru ejabberd's BOSH connection, and receiving
> Gtalk's roster?

That has no sense.