[ejabberd] external authentication question

İşbaran Akçayır isbaran at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:08:29 MSK 2011

Hello everyone,

I've setup a ejabberd server on centos and internal auth. works well.
Now i'm trying to use my python script for authentication but it still uses
the internal auth. [0]

Tried override_global. in configuration file but didnt make a difference
I dont know where else to look for, how can i make it use my script ?

Currently script resides in /etc/ejabberd and i have these lines in
ejabberd.cfg

{auth_method, external}.
{extauth_program, "/etc/ejabberd/auth.py"}.

[0] I see this message in log file while logging in : "Accepted
authentication for user by ejabberd_auth_internal"

Best regards,
işbaran