[ejabberd] external authentication question

Peter Viskup skupko.sk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 21:35:15 MSK 2011

On 02/15/2011 12:08 PM, İşbaran Akçayır wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've setup a ejabberd server on centos and internal auth. works well.
> Now i'm trying to use my python script for authentication but it still
> uses the internal auth. [0]
>
> Tried override_global. in configuration file but didnt make a difference
> I dont know where else to look for, how can i make it use my script ?
>
> Currently script resides in /etc/ejabberd and i have these lines in
> ejabberd.cfg
>
> {auth_method, external}.
> {extauth_program, "/etc/ejabberd/auth.py"}.
>
> [0] I see this message in log file while logging in : "Accepted
> authentication for user by ejabberd_auth_internal"
>
> Best regards,
> işbaran

Hello Isbaran,
It's probably because you restarted ejabberd, but it uses internal
Mnesia DB to store configuration. To override configuration options with
editing ejabberd.cfg you have to include these lines on the beginnig of
the config file:
override_global.
override_local.
override_acls.

After doing that you got every configuration option overwritten by
values from configuration file.
Hope this help you.

--
Peter Viskup