[ejabberd] Ignore group disappearing

Phil Reynolds phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com
Thu Feb 17 00:44:47 MSK 2011

Quoting Badlop <badlop at gmail.com>:

> 2011/2/16 Phil Reynolds <phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com>:
>> Since I set up my new server, I have noticed that, whereas I can add users
>> to the "Ignore" group during a session, they do not appear to be
>> saved in my roster
>

> I can't find the word "Ignore" in ejabberd source code. Your problem,
> without additional details, can be considered invalid regarding to
> ejabberd.

After investigating further, this appears to relate more to users to
whom I have denied authorization to subscribe to my presence,
regardless of the group I put them in. I use a group called "Ignore",
as the one where I list users I wish to ignore, and have set up a
suitable privacy list to achieve this.

However, if I deny authorization, as I want to with such users, the
users are removed from my roster altogether, rendering my "Ignore"
group ineffective. For Yahoo contacts at least, they return as "new" -
Psi shows them under "Not in list" - and request authorization again.
ICQ contacts (by far my biggest source of IDs to ignore) simply
disappear.

Under my previous setup, which finished on the same version of
ejabberd, I think I could keep the "denied" contacts on my roster -
but if I do need to authorize them now, would they in fact be blocked
from seeing my presence?

--
Phil Reynolds
email: phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com