[ejabberd] gen_storage API Questions

W. Andrew Loe III andrew at andrewloe.com
Thu Jan 6 02:37:31 MSK 2011

I'm working on modifying mod_muc_room to log each message to a table
(muc_message). I have been able to get messages logged but am stuck on
the different table types (bag vs set). It seems like both of them are
not what I want, I need to just insert new records without deleting
one first, do I really want dirty_write here?

Also, why does gen_storage_odbc always do DELETE + INSERT vs UPDATE?,
this negates any performance optimizations the SQL engine may be able
to do on UPDATES.