[ejabberd] Automated tests.

Inoshiro Linden inoshiro at lindenlab.com
Sat Jan 8 03:08:48 MSK 2011

I'm quite surprised that ejabberd doesn't have automated tests,
especially considering its complexity.

Hopefully, with enough users, bugs are discovered and ironed out over
time.  Does anyone have an estimate as to how many users there are of
ejabberd in general, for each release, and for various extensions like
mod_muc?

I'm going to be writing test code for some in-house extensions.  I'll
look into releasing the generic parts.  If anyone else is doing
something similar, drop me a line.

regards,
Inoshiro