[ejabberd] Clustering of ejabberd

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 21:36:34 MSK 2011

2010/12/22 Mayank <mail2mayank at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a newbie with ejabberd and very recently I tried to setup ejabberd
> cluster. I've setup a node (referred to as master), registered a user there.

I assume you use the default auth module (internal, mnesia).

> On remaining nodes I've setup erlang.cookie in /var/lib/ejabberd and
> whenever I try "ejabberdctl registered-users mycluster" I am able to see
> list of all registered users.

That calls: ejabberd_auth:get_vh_registered_users(Host),
which checks the mnesia table 'passwd'.

> However when I see statistics page of web
> admin console, I see 0 registered users on all nodes except for master node.

That calls: ejabberd_auth:get_vh_registered_users_number(Host),
which checks the mnesia table 'reg_users_counter'.
That table is updated when an account is registered or deleted.
The table content could also be obtained from the 'passwd' table.

> Can someone please help me understand why is my setup behaving so wierd. I
> doubt it has to do something with file permissions, however I'm not too sure
> about it.

Try to configure the table 'reg_users_counter' to be duplicated in all nodes.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne