[ejabberd] Anonymous login rejected

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:11:30 MSK 2011

2011/1/19 Perl Whore <whoreperl at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Konstantin Khomoutov
>> Clearly, in the log file you provided the server only presents PLAIN and
>> DIGEST-MD5 SASL mechanisms. That is, anonymous authentication mode is
>> not available, at least when the SASL authentication is used (which is
>> the standard one for XMPP).
>
> So, what do I do exactly?
>
> I changed login_anon to sasl_anon, and it still doesn't let me log in.
> Logs are attached.

Tested with ejabberd 2.1.6 and Tkabber SVN.

Some lines of ejabberd.cfg:
{hosts, ["localhost", "anon.localhost"]}.
{auth_method, [internal]}.
{host_config, "anon.localhost", [{auth_method, anonymous},
                                 {anonymous_protocol, sasl_anon}]}.

XMPP traffic:
1. client sends:
<stream:stream xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams'
               xmlns='jabber:client'
               to='anon.localhost'
               xml:lang='es'
               version='1.0'>

2. server replies:
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<stream:stream xmlns='jabber:client'
               xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams'
               id='2775017148'
               from='anon.localhost'
               version='1.0'
               xml:lang='es'>

3. server then sends:
<stream:features>
  <mechanisms xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl'>
    <mechanism>PLAIN</mechanism>
    <mechanism>DIGEST-MD5</mechanism>
    <mechanism>ANONYMOUS</mechanism>
  </mechanisms>
  <c xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/caps'
     hash='sha-1'
     node='http://www.process-one.net/en/ejabberd/'
     ver='Y0s9xKgVP6tUAGDf2U3/GNYl0SM=' />
  <register xmlns='http://jabber.org/features/iq-register' />
</stream:features>

I didn't follow the auth process because my client doesn't support
SASL Anonymous.

---
Badlop
ProcessOne